Steven Klein practices in commercial and corporate law, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, including the sale and purchase of businesses and companies and public and private capital raisings. His major clients include both listed public companies and private entrepreneurs.
Steven joined SBA Law in August 2011, after having been a Partner at Arnold Bloch Leibler since 1996. He joined Arnold Bloch Leibler as an articled clerk in 1988, after graduating in law and commerce from the University of Melbourne.
Steven has acted for a range of clients complex commercial matters, including:
- Catch Group: in its sale to Wesfarmers;
- Montague Cold Storage: in its sale to Emergent Cold;
- Cobs Popcorn: in its sale to Kin Group;
- Breville Group Limited: in its ASX listing in 1999 and in all major transactions since its listing; and
- on behalf of a number of high net worth family groups in connection with their interests in both public and private companies, their financing arrangements and their other investments.
Steven was a Director of Breville from 2003-2017, a Director of Mount Scopus Memorial College from 2007-2015 and the College’s Vice President from 2012-2015.