Juin is a Senior Associate in the firm’s commercial litigation and dispute resolution team.
Juin has a broad commercial litigation practice which intersects many aspects of commercial law including:
- contractual law and interpretation;
- property and leasing issues, including commercial and retail leases, complex land acquisitions, adverse possession and caveat disputes;
- disagreements between shareholders, including claims by minority shareholders for oppressive conduct by the majority;
- corporations law, including company director fiduciary obligations, creditor statutory demands, winding up applications and ASIC prosecutions;
- corporate insolvency, including insolvent trading claims, unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions and liquidator public examinations;
- employment law, including unfair dismissals, general protection claims, and employment characterisation disputes (i.e. whether a person was engaged as an independent contractor or as an employee);
- intellectual property issues, including trade mark infringements and complex patent litigation;
- consumer law, including statutory consumer guarantees and misleading or deceptive conduct claims;
- securities, including mortgages, charges and personal property securities law;
- tortious conduct, including defamation, injurious falsehood, private nuisance, trespass to land, conversion and detinue.
Juin is a strong proponent of alternative dispute resolution, firmly believing in ‘compromising with strength’. Like all members of the SBA Law litigation team, Juin offers astute legal representation across all courts and tribunals in the State and Federal jurisdictions of Australia.