Josh is a highly regarded Partner in the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team with more than 13 years’ experience advising both public and private clients on a broad range of complex corporate and commercial transactions.
Josh has particular expertise and an outstanding track record in negotiated M&A transactions. He has acted for clients ranging from SMEs and family offices, through to large superannuation funds, covering a range of industry sectors. In addition, he regularly advises clients on their shareholder arrangements, venture capital investments and exits and corporate restructures.
Josh is sought after for his exceptional service delivery and responsiveness, commercial acumen, negotiating skills and ability to manage and successfully execute complex transactions in a commercial, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Prior to joining SBA Law, Josh was a Senior Associate for several years at DLA Piper (a leading national then international law firm) and has previously been seconded to Toyota Australia’s in-house legal department.
Josh holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) from Monash University.
Some of Josh’s recent corporate and commercial transactions include:
- Catch Group:
- the merger of Eat Now (a Catch Group subsidiary) and Menulog;
- advising Catch Group on its interest in the sale of the merged Menulog group to Just Eat for $855m;
- the purchase of New York-based Tiger Global Management’s minority interest by Catch Group’s founders;
- the complex swap of assets with Lux Group, the merger of their local and daily deals operations and the investment in Lux Group by Catch Group’s founders; and
- the sale of Catch Group to Wesfarmers for $230m;
- TIC Group: the sale of TIC Retail Accessories (a division of the TIC Group of companies) to PACT Group for $122m plus earn-outs;
- Shannon Bennett: the sale Vue Group (the Australian restaurant group best known for Vue de monde) to Far East Organization;
- Aquila: the sale of a majority interest to Blue Sky;
- Cobs Popcorn: the sale to Kin Group;
- TryBooking: the sale to Connexeo (backed by private equity firm Great Hill Partners);
- CIBT Global Inc: various local acquisitions; and
- HROnboard: sale to ASX-listed ELMO Software Limited.