SBA Law has a large practice in acting both for corporations threatened with insolvency and for insolvency practitioners who are partners of some of the largest accounting firms in Australia.
We have specialised expertise in both advisory and litigation work dealing with issues as diverse as preference claims, personal liabilities of directors, drafting and advising on Deeds of Company Arrangement, addressing the needs of Administrators, Liquidators and Receivers and Managers over a wide spectrum of businesses and industries.
Our insolvency and restructuring team experience includes:
- Acting for Liquidators
- Acts for Administrators
- Acts for Receivers and Managers and Deed Administrators
- Working closely with accountants, insolvency practitioners and directors to assist companies avoiding administration or liquidation
- Working closely with accountants, insolvency practitioners and directors to assist companies in preparing themselves properly for Administrations or Liquidations
- Advising security and/or debenture holders on their registered and secured interests in the context of Liquidations and Administrations
- Issuing or defending complex litigation on all aspects of commercial insolvency such as preferences and insolvent trading claims and assisting in or formulating litigation funding proposals.