Experience counts. While the opportunities in agriculture in Australia are widely heralded, few law firms deeply understand the sector, the regulatory framework and the attendant risks.
SBA Law acts for a significant number of multinationals, Australian listed companies, unlisted funds, peak industry bodies and private farming groups and families in diverse agricultural, rural and food commodity contexts.
Led by Jeremy Rosenthal, our agribusiness team combines the powerful expertise of each the firm’s practice areas with industry experience borne from Jeremy’s lifetime involvement in primary production and long-standing relationships with some of the best known agribusinesses in this country and abroad.
Our expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and projects
- Fund raising
- Managed investment schemes
- Corporate farming
- Forestry, timber supply and woodchip export
- Domestic and international grain transactions and accumulation products
- Export infrastructure
- Foreign investment
- Stock and station network matters
- Alternate fuels
- Supply chain
- Grain Trade Australia contractual disputes and arbitration
- Trade policy and regulation
- Equine law
- Water rights
- Compulsory acquisition
- Environmental planning
- Share farming
- Farm enterprise succession
- General commercial and corporate advisory